As a full-service Lightning Protection System company, Dominion Lightning Rod Co. brings our broad experience to each element of a project.
Over the last 40 years, Dominion Lightning Rod Co. Ltd. has specialized in the application of Lightning Protection Systems to Telecommunications Systems throughout Canada, including the CN Tower.
Working with the telecommunication engineering, procurement, civil and construction groups for all the major mobile (cellular) telecom suppliers we have successfully applied and integrated the LPS with the telecom equipment/systems to provide maximum protection.
Telecom installations are specifically referenced in the 2020 CSA B72 code for LPS.
Dominion has designed, supplied, and installed protection for telecom sites including:
- Mobile roof-top sites
- Police/Fire/EMS trunk radio
- Remote telemetry antennas
- Tower sites
- Switching sites
As a Design-Build contractor, we can provide a Lightning Protection System for most telecom sites:
- Design of LPS based on civil drawings
- Provide budgets/estimates
- Complete supply and install
- Work with landlords to locate LPS down-leads where equipment is located on a leased site
- Certify work upon completion
- Design of LPS Systems
- Risk Assessment
- Commercial / Industrial Installation
- Residential / Agricultural / Cottage Installation
- Telecommunications Installation
- Maintenance, Modification, Upgrades & Repairs
- Inspection / Testing / Certification
- LPS Re-establishment for Re-Roofing
- Supply and Manufacture
- Grounding and Bonding
- Exothermic Welding (Cadwelding)
- Codes and Standards