As a full-service Lightning Protection System company, Dominion Lightning Rod Co. brings our broad experience to each element of a project.
Exothermic Welding (Cadwelding)
Exothermic welding is a specialized method of connecting copper cables to copper cables and copper cables to steel beams and rods, providing a permanent molecular bond between the materials. It is used by our installers for permanent connections, generally underground where they are not accessible. We are trained and experienced in the installation of exothermic welds.
In addition to our use of exothermic welds in Lightning Protection Systems, we can provide exothermic welding services to electrical contractors for use in electrical applications.
- Design of LPS Systems
- Risk Assessment
- Commercial / Industrial Installation
- Residential / Agricultural / Cottage Installation
- Telecommunications Installation
- Maintenance, Modification, Upgrades & Repairs
- Inspection / Testing / Certification
- LPS Re-establishment for Re-Roofing
- Supply and Manufacture
- Grounding and Bonding
- Exothermic Welding (Cadwelding)
- Codes and Standards