As a full-service Lightning Protection System company, Dominion Lightning Rod Co. brings our broad experience to each element of a project.
Dominion Lightning Rod Co. Ltd. strongly believes in maintaining high quality in the Lightning Protection Industry. One of the best ways to achieve this is through assisting and educating stakeholders in the architectural and engineering community on the benefits of lightning protection.
- Assisting architects and engineers in designing Lightning Protection Systems
- Answering LPS application questions
- Providing sample specifications and typical installation details
- Reviewing LPS drawings and specifications prior to tender
- Providing advice and assistance on LPS Codes and Standards.
In addition, Dominion Lightning Rod is trained and qualified to present the Lightning Safety Alliance’s (LSA) lightning course, Lightning 101.
The course is recognized by the American Institute of Architects Continuing Education System (AIA/CES) and is registered for learning credits.
The following aspects of lightning are presented:
- An overview of lightning: facts and figures, what is lightning, myths and misconceptions
- Lightning Propagation
- Lightning Protection System Design
- Elements of the Lightning Protection System
- Use of Building Components in LPS
- Review of standards and requirements
- Specification Considerations
- Examples of Installations
See Links to go to the LSA website
- Design of LPS Systems
- Risk Assessment
- Commercial / Industrial Installation
- Residential / Agricultural / Cottage Installation
- Telecommunications Installation
- Maintenance, Modification, Upgrades & Repairs
- Inspection / Testing / Certification
- LPS Re-establishment for Re-Roofing
- Supply and Manufacture
- Grounding and Bonding
- Exothermic Welding (Cadwelding)
- Codes and Standards