As a full-service Lightning Protection System company, Dominion Lightning Rod Co. brings our broad experience to each element of a project.
Inspection / Testing / Certification
Dominion Lightning Rod’s expertise in the design and installation of Lightning Protection Systems uniquely enables us to provide Inspection and Certification services.
An inspection consists of:
- Review of any documentation the owner/manager has for the existing Lightning Protection System
- A site visit where we verify the condition of the existing LPS noting any defects with regard to:
- Design/code compliance
- Physical state of repair
- System effectiveness – concealed elements of the system are tested for continuity using resistance testing instrumentation
- Where accessible, resistance readings are taken to ensure the grounding system meets code requirements
- The results are compiled in a written report by roof elevation/area detailing the findings and providing an analysis on the condition of the LPS. Recommendations and cost estimates for remedial work if required are included.
- A certificate indicating that the complete system meets the applicable codes and standards is provided after all remedial work is complete.
- If required, we can arrange for third party inspections for UL Master Label C or Lightning Protection Institute certification.
We recommend that Lightning Protection Systems be inspected every 3 years or when modifications are made to the building such as re-roofing, changes to roof-top equipment (HVAC units, chillers, fans, chimneys, vents, etc.), or additions.
- Design of LPS Systems
- Risk Assessment
- Commercial / Industrial Installation
- Residential / Agricultural / Cottage Installation
- Telecommunications Installation
- Maintenance, Modification, Upgrades & Repairs
- Inspection / Testing / Certification
- LPS Re-establishment for Re-Roofing
- Supply and Manufacture
- Grounding and Bonding
- Exothermic Welding (Cadwelding)
- Codes and Standards